You can know what products are tending in 2019 with the following methods:
- Use Google Trends
- Search Amazon Bestsellers
- Get ideas from BuzzSumo
- AliExpress Weekly Best Sellers Page
- Take cues from the influencers.
Now, let’s examine each of these in detail.
1. Use Google Trends to find the right trending products to sell
The often under-utilized tool, Google Trends can give you the right trending products. Browse through ‘Featured Insights’ and get the list of trending products.
To find if a product is trending or not, conduct a search of the exact keywords and check the pattern over the years.
2. Search the Amazon Bestsellers
You can get so many trending products in 2019 from the eCommerce giant Amazon. It has a ‘Bestseller’ section that gives you listings of its top trending products.
Chances are, products selling like hot-cakes on Amazon will do well on other platforms like Shopify also.
3. Get ideas from BuzzSumo
BuzzSumo is an online tool that analyses the top shared content on social channels.
Type the product or keyword and a search displays the most trending content for your search term. If the content or product pages have thousands of shares, then it indicates that the product is trending.
Being a consumer-focused wholesale marketplace from Alibaba, this is the go-to site for almost all the ecommerce sellers.
Find trending products to sell through its ‘Weekly Best Sellers.’ It offers products across a range of categories like fashion, electronics and more.
5. Take cues from the Influencers
If you’re still undecided about a product, then find influencers in your product niche and see what they are promoting. Closely examine their social media activities to find the products becoming popular with their fans.
In addition to the methods above, take note of the following:
- Identify products that solve a problem as it ensures that people will be interested.
- Find products that you are passionate about so you can put the effort in your business for a long time.
- Hop on the trends early because you want to ensure that they last long.
Select the right trending products in 2019 and set up your business on a solid foundation.